06 July 2008

Happy Birthday Dad ! ! !

This one is for my dad. It's his birthday today and he's celebrating in Dana Point, CA. I haven't seen him since May last year, but will be seeing him in a few weeks, when I head to CA. Dad, I hope that you have a GREAT DAY!!!





I hope that everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! I worked and so my day was quite uneventful, especially since I wanted to go to bed early since I had to work the 5th, also.





We celebrated Addison's 5th birthday yesterday. She wanted to wait until her Uncle Brandon got home from his mission, which he did on Wed afternoon. She had a ladybug pinata. Dave took pics so you'll have to look for them on their blog. The high light was, of course, the flying candy when the pinata was demolished by Uncle Brandon, at Addie's request, and the low light, when Addie's hair caught on fire when she got too close to the candles:( Even with that, everyone had a fun time. There was lots to eat, a yummy strawberry dessert that Auntie Lele made with puff pastry and, of course, cake and ice cream.





Les and I did the Wasatch Shop Hop last week. We got to all 15 shops in 2 days. Kendrick was our little traveling companion and he was on his very best behavior. Really! We had a good time checking out all of the shops and the quilts that they decorated with. They left us with lots of ideas swimming around in our heads.





It's been 100+ around here, but was a little cooler yesterday. Should be back up to the century mark by Thurs. Summer is not my favorite season!

We had a BBQ today. It was overcast for the greater part of the day and there was a breeze blowing and so quite nice. L, P and K came over. D, G, and kids had gone over to tell Brittany and family goodbye and when they got back we bbq'd steak, had baked potatoes, corn on the cobb, pasta salad, and we were supposed to have watermelon, but I forgot to bring it out so it's still in the fridg. I'll be eating watermelon from now to next month if I don't get some help.

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: